June 7, 2009

A note about Thrifty Threads

I just want to make something clear: when I ask you to send in a photo modeling your favorite secondhand clothes, I'm serious. I need more participants, and I'd like to do the series more often.

And it's not a contest or anything, I'm not picking the cutest photo out of a bunch of entrants. If you send in a photo, I'll post it. As long as it's not indecipherable or X-rated, or a picture of a dog or something.

And isn't the average women's size 10 or 12? So here's a challenge: I particularly want you to send in a photo if you're average size or larger. The purpose of the series is to show that you can buy secondhand and still be stylish. There are lots of different versions of stylish, but you know when you look and feel good. So put on that outfit, take a picture, and send it to me.

I love the Thrifty Threads series and I want to keep doing it, but I need more photos! You can find my email address on my profile page. I can't wait to hear from you.

5 comments:

CB said...

I've already been thinking through my outfit - I just need to take a picture and I'll send it in to you.

And I'm a size 10! Perfect!

Angela said...

Yay! Thanks. Allright.

Danae said...

Can I send you a picture (next month) of me in my wedding outfit? I have a second-hand veil, shoes and hair fixtures. The dress, while not exactly thrifty in price, was an 'end of line' item so was half price....

Just not sure if it qualifies as the dress is not second hand :)

Angela said...

Hi Seraphim! Thanks for writing.

Congratulations for getting secondhand and end of line items for your wedding. I would love to see a photo- what I'm thinking is if it's a full-length photo of the dress, that would be misleading, but what might be wonderful is maybe from the waist up, or even closer, that highlights the veil and hair fixtures. I would LOVE that! And then maybe a separate shot of the shoes- I could do two photos- I'm doing that for the next one that's going up.

What do you think? I think it could be really pretty. Have a fabulous wedding, and I can't wait to see your photos!

Kristen@TheFrugalGirl said...

Ohh, I hope some more people participate. I love to see people's secondhand clothes!